Thursday, April 23, 2009

Family fun in Hawaii

My first Hawaiian beach experience. The sand was more orangey-red and coarser than what I knew from CA beaches. I didn't have a swimming suit yet since I had just come from snowy winter-land in WA. I just played in the sand and the shallow surf. Codi played around with being photgrapher. She really enjoys doing that.
Codi and Kainoa took me to see the Hyatt one of my first days on Kauai. When we first walked in, there was a wedding party being photographed in this exact spot. We decided to take a picture or two here as well. Unfortunately my camera wasn't good enough to capture the stunning seascape background outside as well. We were pretty impressed with how luxurious everything was. WOW!
This was my first Sunday in Lihue. I have loved getting to know the people here so much. The ward has been awesome as well as all of the friends I have made in the Stake. It is also fun when the ward sings to you and gives you a lei when you attend as a visitor.
I wanted to play photography soon after I arrived in Hawaii, so my sister fixed up my hair and she readied herself and Napua--then we just had some fun.
Man, I love this baby's smile--so contagious!
Tressie and Napua on Liane's lanai
Codi and Napua chilling on the beach on my first trip to Kalapaki beach
It was so great--Napua used to fall asleep on me all the time like this. I loved having her so close and feeling so comfortable with me!
Codi, Kainoa, and Napua chilling while I play photography with the Hawaiian lanscapes and these unsuspecting subjects...oh, except that Kainoa was looking right at the camera, haha :)
Family pic. at Menehune Fishpond lookout
Napua and I, taking a nap together while Codi studied for a test. Napua is so much fun to hang out with. She is always such a good-natured baby.
Napua isn't too big on the pacifier, but every-once-in-awhile, I could get her to take it, this being one of those times. She was actually content enough to fall asleep with it in her mouth!!
Codi and I were trying to do a self-portrait or whatever, but it wasn't working out very well. Oops! I still kind of liked the shot anyway--it made us laugh :)
Codi and Kainoa hanging with baby at the Taumalolo's house.
Auntie Tressie gladly taking her turn with the little sweetheart
Picture time! I think this was Valentine's Day :)
I was admiring the yellow and white flowers--plumeria--growing on my friends tree one day at fhe. Not only are they pretty, but they smell divine. By the end of the night, two of my guy friends at fhe had picked one for me to take home. They actually last quite awhile even after being picked. I enjoyed their aroma for many days. I got the roses from another friend at fhe that same night. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty special by the end of the night, haha! Thanks guys :)
Codi and Kainoa takin' a break after boogie boarding at Kalapaki beach. This was the first time I had been able to go to the beach to swim when Kainoa was able to come too. It was fun.
Codi being a mermaid at the Ching Young Shopping Village in Hanalei. I made her go stand for a picture!
This is a cool shirt. I bought it at a store called Del Sol down by Kalapaki beach. When I'm inside, out of the sun, it looks like the above picture. Outside in the sun, it looks like the picture below. Cool, huh?! I got nail polish and headbands that do the same thing, but the pictures didn't turn out as well for those items.

Codi's b-day. We ate homemade pizza and apple dumplings while watching "Bedtime Stories." It was funny; she stuck the candle in her apple dumplings so that she could blow it out for her b-day wish. When she went to take it out afterward, she saw that the bottom of the candle had completely melted in the middle of her dessert because the dessert was fresh from the oven!! Haha! It was so funny. She had to throw away her first helping. Luckily there were plenty of extra helpings :)
Our Easter egg decorating fun. I had a good time and ended up working on my eggs for a lot longer than Codi and Kainoa did. I guess I just enjoyed having a little art project or something! My favorite one to do was the tie-dyed one on the bottom, second on the left. It was actually an accident that ended up turning out kind of neat.

Family pic. on Easter. How cute!
Cool dudes chillin' on Easter afternoon :)

4 comments:

Hobbs Family said...

Hey I so glad you posted all these pictures it has been so long since I have seen any of you and I have hardly seen any pictures of Napua! Looks like you guys had a fun Easter. Napua is so adorable!

Kylie said...

Codi looks a lot like Achsah (or visa versa) with the glasses on don't you think?

Michelene said...

Hey you keep posting new pics, but I guess my computer isn't picking up on it. I loved to see all of these. Thanks for keeping us in touch with Codi and her family. I loved the family Easter pic. They all look so cute. And Napua's Easter dress is cute. She is such a beautiful little girl.

Tiffany said...

Tressie.....first off....glad that i found your blog. (I like to keep track of people.) And....it looks like you are having a ball in Hawaii! Next time, I want to ride in your suitcase!